Re: Proposed GR: Acknowledge that the debian-private list will remain private

This seems a shame to me. It's a promotion of pragmatism over idealism,
suggesting that despite the project believing that a course of action is
the right one, it won't happen, pre-supposing any future interest or
effort will not exist, which is quite pessimistic (however realistic);
essentially closing the door on the issue. I don't know what the driver
is for this to done now. What precedent does this set for any other
idealistic goals for the project? Perhaps we should give up on annexing
non-free firmware, or relax other aspects of our committment to freedom
in the face of hard realities like hardware not having free drivers?

--
Jonathan Dowland
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.