Re: Proposed GR: Repeal the 2005 vote for declassification of the debian-private mailing list

David Kalnischkies dijo [Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 03:40:41PM +0200]:
> Just to ensure we talk about the same: I was referring to:
> https://lists.debian.org/stats/debian-private.png vs e.g.
> https://lists.debian.org/stats/debian-vote.png .
>
> I would be very interested in an explanation [off-list & encrypted if
> it is too private] as I can't come up with a reason why that could be
> a concious decision to not show the number of mails sent to d-private
> over time as it is done for every other list rather than just an
> implementation detail of how that list is handled.

Myabe Ian fears (I don't want to attribute ideas he has not yet
discussed) that somebody external to the project will try to correlate
events with spikes in d-private activity, and "explain" how much we
have discussed in the shadows about a contentious topic. Some people
will not like that idea.