Re: GR Proposal: replace "Chairman" with "Chair" throughout the Debian Constitution

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud writes:
> Le vendredi, 22 juillet 2016, 12.28:38 h CEST Jakub Wilk a écrit :
>> Luckily there's an awesome non-gendered and non-furnitured alternative:
>>
>> President
>
> Point is, the TC <function> is constitutionally only about half-surrogating
> MIA DPLs and breaking ties. The non-constitutional part of the duty is much
> more about making meetings happen, running the administrativia, etc. In short,
> it's much more of a 'Secretary' role, rather than a 'President' role.

That sounds like what a president does when there is no dedicated
secretary role (which we don't have for the ctte)?

But there are also the choices of moderator, facilitator, and convenor
left from [1].  Though "moderator" is also a thing in certain contexts
("neutron moderator") and the Wikipedia article on "facilitator"[2]
mentions a neutral position which doesn't quite fit with tie-breaking.

  [1] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chairman>
  [2] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facilitator>

All non-Chair choices also avoid confusion with a possible future Chair
of the Technical Committee that might be used as part of an inauguration
ceremony ;)

Ansgar