Re: GR: Constitutional Amendment to fix an off-by-one error and duplicate section numbering

    >> Do we throw said change away? We probably can't, because it's
    >> still a non-binding resolution, or something.

    Ian> In these cases, my proposal produces `FD'.

    >> Put otherwise, the idea of a "non-binding change to the
    >> constitution" seems to make no sense.

    Ian> I entirely agree.

    >> In other words, while I understand where you're coming from and
    >> why you believe this change is desirable, I think it does have
    >> some dangerous side effects that you may not have considered. I
    >> therefore strongly urge you (and everyeone who's seconded the
    >> original proposal) to reconsider, and decide whether you really
    >> believe the above-described scenario is in any way desirable, and
    >> I further urge you to come up with a solution to that problem
    >> before this is brought to a vote.

    Ian> I think if you read my proposal again you will see that it
    Ian> doesn't have the bad effect you identify.

I think having FD win in many of these cases does itself produce exactly
the bad effect that Wouter is describing.  I'v also explained why I
think it opens up greater strategic voting problems than the current
constitution.

--Sam