Re: In plain English please?! Re: General resolution: Changes to the Standard Resolution Procedure

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> On 31 August 2015 at 08:06, Kurt Roeckx - Debian Project Secretary
> <secretary@debian.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A new GR has been started to update the Standard Resolution
> > Procedure.  Details about it can be found on:
> > https://www.debian.org/vote/2015/vote_002
> >

> I'm failing to understand the current situation, nor proposed changes.
> Can someone please give a plain English explanation and/or examples?
>
> E.g. committee of size N is voting on an issue I which happens to be
> overriding developer. The votes are F for, A against, S abstentions.
> Previously this would fail, now this will pass.

If the votes were 6 for (F), 2 against (A), 0 abstensions (S) for a
resolution which required 3:1 majority, currently, such a resolution
would not pass. This changes it so that it would.

This isn't usually an issue in general votes, but is a problem on the
CTTE.

I'm sorry about those late night emails.
I only said those things because I was too drunk
to be afraid.
  -- a softer world #579
     http://www.asofterworld.com/index.php?id=579