In plain English please?! Re: General resolution: Changes to the Standard Resolution Procedure

Hello,

On 31 August 2015 at 08:06, Kurt Roeckx - Debian Project Secretary
<secretary@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A new GR has been started to update the Standard Resolution
> Procedure.  Details about it can be found on:
> https://www.debian.org/vote/2015/vote_002

I'm failing to understand the current situation, nor proposed changes.
Can someone please give a plain English explanation and/or examples?

E.g. committee of size N is voting on an issue I which happens to be
overriding developer. The votes are F for, A against, S abstentions.
Previously this would fail, now this will pass.

Or something along these lines.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.