Re: More women in key positions ?

> In order for the TC to recommend someone, they must first be nominated
> and accept, or nominate themselves.
>
> Claiming that the lack of women on the TC can be resolved simply by
> forcing the TC to do so is simplistic. It also seems to me to be
> insulting to the many highly skilled women in Debian with whom I would
> be happy to serve on the TC with, had they been interested in serving.

Hi Don,

I am well aware of how the TC works, and in particular I have been contacting
people in private to encourage them to nominate themselves.

If the discussion here would be about reforming the TC, I would propose that
the nominations should be public, just as for the DPL election.  In that way,
it would be more obvious to everybody when no woman is candidate.

However, the topic here is the DPL election, hence my question is focused on
what the DPL can do, and one possible action is to use the appointment process
to push for more women in the TC.  This push can be as hard as refusing any
appointment, but it can also be as soft as delaying the decision for one month,
and sending one motivational email asking for more women as candidates.  In
that sense, I am not asking the DPL to "force" anything.  But if the DPL could
put a little bit of formal involvement into helping the TC to have women
members, I think that it would be a great signal.

Have a nice day,

(PS: Please CC me, I am not subscribed)

--
Charles Plessy