Q for Gergely: roadblocks, areas of improvement

Gergely,

according to your platform, you want to remove roadblocks and enable
the project to pursue goals beyond the OS.

Could you please identify some of the roadblocks you've encountered
and give an indication of how you'd approach their resolution?

In the bits.d.o interview, you named GSoC and Outreachy as two steps
towards "goals beyond the OS". You also mention innovation and team
work as areas in need of improvement. Could you please share some of
your ideas here?

Also, Debian is a project united by its social contract and we are
here to produce the Universal Operating System. My attempts to have
Debian accept Bitcoin donations have made some people speak up
against Debian being an early adopter of this technology, even
though the technology might seem a logical extension and/or
a philosophical match to the work we already do. Yet, Bitcoin was
considered outside our focus.¹

Can you please elaborate on some of the "goals beyond the OS" you
think we should pursue and sketch how you think you could get the
project members to follow along?

¹) https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2014/08/threads.html#00093

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

mulutlitithtrhreeaadededd s siigngnatatuurere