Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]

Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> writes:

> PID 1 should be as small as possible, see a proposed implementation in:
> http://ewontfix.com/14/

That web page still cracks me up.  Not only does the author have no idea
how systemd works and makes multiple claims that are simply false, they
have no idea how *sysvinit* works.  You also have to love people who claim
to be authorities on how other people should write code and then proceed
to try to prove it with a model implementation that do no error checking
whatsoever.

Every time I look at that web page, I find another egregious error.  This
time, I just noticed that their minimal PID 1 implementation that they
think is the be-all and end-all of PID 1 ends with a call to execve.  I'm
going to be laughing about that for the rest of the night.