Re: Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]

> > ArchLinux is clearly dropping sysvinit. RHEL documentation also seems
> > to imply that Sysvinit and Upstart are both dropped in 7+.
> >
> > Fedora actually is not that decisive, as far as I read here -
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/243
>
> It wasn't 19 months ago, but is petty decisive now:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/359
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SysVInitScript#Initscripts_in_addition_to_systemd_unit_files
>
> And OpenSUSE also dropped support:
>
> https://www.suse.com/releasenotes/x86_64/openSUSE/12.3/#sec.123.sysv

Of course RHEL and Fedora dropped sysvinit support, they are Redhat
derived. Can anybody guess where systemd is devloped?

The more important that Debian does not drop support for sysvinit then,
until alternatives have stabilized :) (and systemd/uselessd is deferred
to PID 2). PID 1 should be as small as possible, see a proposed
implementation in: http://ewontfix.com/14/