Re: Tentative summary of the amendments

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 01:48:33PM +0300, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> No, but we set up requirements that their work must meet before it can
> enter archive or may end up in a release. That is what the whole of
> Debian Policy is about.

That is things within the package itself. This is about doing extra
work. In case you rely on functionality which is only provided by one
init system, ensure the functionality is also available on other init
systems. This is not within the scope of a tarball/package. It's
demanding to write e.g. "systemd-shim" else package won't be kept in
Debian.

--
Regards,
Olav