Re: GR option text on ballots

Hi,

First, two points about this subthread:
- it started as a private discussion (From Neil, to Ian and myself). Ian
  "leaked" it to debian-vote@. Ian, I hope that this is just a mistake,
  and that he will make sure to refrain from leaking private discussions
  to a public list without authorization. I don't particularly mind in
  that case, but I don't think that it's a practice that should be
  considered acceptable.
- I originally honestly thought that Ian's proposal was about supporting
  all alternative init systems. That's why I suggested this summary for
  his proposal. I apologize for misunderstanding his proposal at the
  time.

On 21/10/14 at 09:33 +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:

> > > Yup, I wouldn't count that as neutral either. How about:
> >
> > Your two proposals don't seem to match "Ian's" to which you're
> > responding:
> >
> > >   Packages should continue to run under sysvinit unless technically
> > >   unfeasible
> >
> > Ian's doesn't mention sysvinit at all; this would be highly misleading.
> >
> > >   Packages may require a specific init system if technically required
> >
> > That's not at all the core of "Ian's" proposal in my reading.
> >

> That's because they're descriptions for Lucas' amendment.

Not according to the quoting in <20141020111714.GA18936@halon.org.uk> ?

Anyway, I stand by what I wrote in <20141017202805.GA10561@xanadu.blop.info>
(before Ian moved the discussion to -vote@):

I consider that an appropriate summary for my proposal is:
   support for alternative init systems is desirable but not mandatory

I trust that Kurt and Neil will find something better if they feel it's
needed to ensure that the various summaries have homogeneous style in
terms of wording.

Lucas