Re: Alternative proposal: reaffirm maintainers technical competence over the software they maintain

Hi,

Lucas Nussbaum:
> While I understand your concerns, I think that it is highly unlikely
> that we will decide to change the default init system to something that
> would break existing packages without a known reasonable way to fix
> them.

Exactly.

We decided to change our (default) init system. Work to make sure that
everything works both with the new and the old (or rather, pretty much any
other) init system is ongoing. This work started before this GR came to be,
and it will cwcontinuehappen afterwards, regardless of how this vote turns
out.

The whole thing is therefore, essentially, a waste of time. IMHO.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs