Re: Alternative proposal: support for alternative init systems is desirable but not mandatory

On 17/10/14 at 11:38 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 09:44:16AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> >    For the jessie release, all software that currently supports being run
> >    under sysvinit should continue to support sysvinit unless there is no
> >    technically feasible way to do so.
>
> I believe "currently" needs to be clarified - are you talking about the
> current state of jessie, of wheezy, or something else?

I tried to keep changes from the original text (as voted on by the TC)
to the bare minimum.
But, since the intend here is to allow swift upgrades between stable
releases, it should read:

  For the jessie release, all software available in Debian 'wheezy' that
  supports being run under sysvinit should continue to support sysvinit
  unless there is no technically feasible way to do so.

Lucas