Re: Reducing the discussion and the voting period to 1 week

On 17/10/14 at 10:28 +0200, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> > So, I think that we need alternative proposal(s), [...]
>
> I agree with this point in principle, but we should avoid having too
> many options, leading to scattered votes. One party could "win" with
> less than 25% of the votes if the other ones are stealing votes one
> another, especially if they're aiming at the same goal, but with
> different statements.

Note that our voting method is clone-proof, so one proposal cannot steal
votes from one another. That's one of the great things about Condorcet:
you can have similar proposals on the same ballot without causing the
votes to be split. Also numbers like "25%" don't really make sense with
Condorcet, unless you limit the calculation to two proposals.

Lucas