Re: call for vote - term limit for the tech-ctte

On 16/12/14 at 17:21 +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Jakub> * Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>, 2014-12-16, 16:55:
>     >>> It would also be nice that already suggested what the wording of
>     >>> the options should be.
>     >>
>     >> How about:
>     >>
>     >> 1) replace the two oldest members every year 2) replace the two
>     >> oldest members every year, excluding resignations
>
>     Jakub> To me, it's more confusing that descriptive.  I've reread the
>     Jakub> proposals, and still can't tell which one is "excluding
>     Jakub> resignations".
> 2-r, but it's interesting that you find it confusing.
>
>     Jakub> How about:
>
>     Jakub> 1) replace the two oldest members every year (liberal) 2)
>     Jakub> replace the two oldest members every year (conservative)
>
> I strongly prefer "option 1" and "option 2" to the above.
>
> I preferred Stefano's wording over option 1 and 2, but I don't know how
> to account for your confusion.

What about having 'option 1' and 'option 2', and a neutral summary of
both proposals?

I believe that zack and I can just agree on such a summary.

First draft:
Both proposals aim at creating a regular turn-over of Technical
Committee members, by enforcing a term limit of four years.
The proposals differ in the way they address resignations or removals of
other TC members.
'Option 1' chooses to not consider them, which could result in three
(or more) TC members leaving the TC during the same year in such events.
'Option 2' chooses to substract the number of resignations/removals from
the required number of expirations. As a result, it is more likely that
only two members will be automatically expired (unless there are more
than two resignations). But it is also more likely that membership of
some TC members will exceed four years due to the resignations of other
TC members.

Lucas