Re: draft alternative proposal: fix problem at the root

Hi,

Matthew@bendel.debian.org:
> I think the TC is a useful last resort where other ways of resolving
> technical disagreements have failed. Perhaps we should consider having
> a non-binding mediation group for developers to go to before invoking
> the TC?

I'm more in favor of the TC _being_ that mediation group.

Rationale: Whoever mediates needs to read up on the technical issue anyway,
so deferring the actual decision to some other body (if mediation fails) is
a waste of time and effort.

I don't see any advantage in separating these roles.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs