Re: draft alternative proposal: fix problem at the root

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:41 AM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 10:50:30PM -0500, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>> Disbanding the TC would likely do more harm than good.  There would be
>> no way to conclude a disagreement.
>>
>> I suggested this before:
>>
>>     TC actions should be limited solely to disagreement mediation, and only when
>>     that doesn't involve a conflict of interest pertaining to one of
>> the TC members,
>>     and only when all other attempts at reconciliation have tried and failed.
>>
>> I would like to see all of section 6.1 removed and replaced by
>> something simple, limited, and to the point like that.
>
> In that case we also need to make it easier to control the TC actions:
> relax the requirements to override a decision and to remove a member, add
> some provisions (at least think about it) for cases when the TC or its
> members break the rules or procedures (by not recusing oneself, by acting
> before trying to seek consensus, by making detailed design work etc.).

Wouldn't public shaming of bad behavior as it occurs be a sufficiently
effective control mechanism?

Theoretically TC members should be the more mature members of the
community and out of wisdom would err on the conservative side of
whatever the constitution text finally reads.

Best wishes,
Mike