Re: GR proposal, Call for Seconds - term limit for the tech-ctte

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 11:50:27 -0500, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> said:

>> As a transitional measure, if this GR is passed after January 1st,
>> 2015, then the provision of section §6.2.7.1 is taken to have
>> occurred on January 1st, 2015.
>>
>> [3]:
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2014/05/threads.html#00054
>>
>> Cheers.

> We discussed, and I thought there was consensus around, the idea that
> due to the recent ctte churn, the transitional measure was no longer
> needed.

Due to that way things are worded, the transitional measure for this
proposal would cause TC memberships to start expiring December 31,
*2015* (i.e. next year), because the review period at the beginning of
the year causes expiries to happen at the end of that year, as opposed
to happening immediately.

--
Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/