Re: "done with consensus decisionmaking", "war", "rearguard battles" [was: Re: REISSUED CfV: General Resolution: Init system coupling]

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 12:22:07PM -0800, Josh Triplett wrote:
> What's the procedure for removing someone from the technical committee?

Someone pointed out to me privately that there's a much easier way of
handling this.  See the "Maximum term for tech ctte members" thread.
Such a proposal would deal with this without singling anyone out and
without explicitly censuring any particular actions, and would
furthermore establish an ongoing procedure that seems more broadly
useful.

With that in mind, rather than encouraging the initiation of any kind of
one-off process for this case, I would instead encourage anyone who
feels strongly about this issue to participate in the
drafting/sponsorship process of that GR, which at the moment needs one
or more people to help work out exact wording, and which is likely
suffering from current -vote/-ctte fatigue.

[I'd like to thank the numerous developers who have responded either
publically or privately.  In particular, I'm glad that I was able to
give a voice to concerns that many people did not feel comfortable
raising themselves.]

- Josh Triplett