Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 01:02:59PM +0100, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> > I wouldn't be surprised to find out that several tech-ctte members think
> > that such a just rule is so important that it should really be carved in
> > the Constitution, instead of wanting to have it that way just for the
> > sake of formalities. Either way, I wouldn't put any motivation in their
> > mouths without asking first.
>
> This last part is key in summarising how I interpret your reasoning:
>
> - There is a consensus for the basic principle of tech-ctte membership
>   rotation.
> - We (for some value of we) do not trust future members of tech-ctte to
>   always follow this principle.
> - We (FSVO we) do not trust future members of tech-ctte to formalise the
>   basic principle.
> - Therefor we must allow existing tech-ctte members to continue
>   violating the basic principle so they can enforce it against future
>   members.

I disagree yours is a fair summary of what I wrote. Either way, it is
not a fair summary of what I think. Therefore I don't think your
conclusion on my alleged mistrust on (any number of) tech-ctte members
is warranted.

> As you probably understand, you haven't convinced me yet.... but to
> avoid making this yet another unneccesary long discussion we should
> probably just agree to disagree here.

Indeed, let's do that :)

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .