Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

Hello Anthony Towns!

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 03:10:51PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
[...]
> I haven't been particularly active in Debian over the past few years,
> and my feeling is that it's better to leave proposing resolutions
> (particularly constitutional changes!) to people who have been. So, as
> I've said before, happy to offer a second, but I don't expect to make
> an actual proposal.

I have been quite active the past few years, and I do think your proposal
is good and needed. I'm not very interested in the procedural formalia
though, so if not for yourself could you please push this forward and
propose it on my behalf?
(You seem to have the procedure nailed down and you also seem to be able
to come up with a more suitable proposal text then I would.)

The sooner the better IMHO. I find it very weird that tech-ctte members
apparently recognize the need but still want to be force-rotated rather
then voluntarily doing it. On the other hand, I guess you don't end
up in a committee unless you absolutely love procedural formalia and
want to see as much as possible of it.

Thanks for working on the initial proposal anyway. Much appreciated!

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson