Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems
- From: parspes <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 19:45:33 -0500
- Message-id: <CANdXYChd5=zPwRNRknp89gWt8RLRY26GQhqEJhXgh0PZkY4mBg@mail.gmail.com>
I also agree with this proposal. Currently several packages cannot be
upgraded without including libsystemd-* something, and I have
experienced several installation issues with packages from Testing and
the reccommended alternatative package systemd-shim.
Stefano Zacchiroli writes ("Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of
choice of init systems"):
> Specifically: have you, or anyone else involved in this GR, asked the
> GNOME team and the release team, whether a positive outcome of this GR
> is going to disrupt their work (plans) or not?
No, I have not.
I am not aware of any underlying bugs in (say) gnome-without-systemd
that would be RC. But the sentiment behind this GR is that any such
bugs should be considered indeed RC for the whole project.