Re: The Code of Conduct needs specifics

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> The danger of having a list of "do not"s is that people will do
> something which is not on the list, and then point to it and say "see,
> it's allowed by the code of conduct" when pointed out that they're being
> a dick.

It's quite common to have an short introductory paragraph saying something
along “this list is not exhaustive and is not meant to be, it's just there
to avoid any discussion should any of those important misbehaviour arise.
For other cases, apply the above guidelines using your best judgment.”

Obviously, I would want such a list to be more like an appendix than the
main meat of the CoC.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/