Re: two questions: fund raising money and publicity

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 09:53:21PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> > Lack of coordination among the different sources: that's a first
> > problem, indeed.  Debian-publicity (the ML) should act as a node for
> > all the publicity/promoting people in Debian, but it doesn't.
>
> How so? I have the feeling that all the relevant people are on the list?

For one thing, debian-publicity is a public list and we know is followed
by journalists. By design, I don't see how it could possibly be used to
coordinate / dispatch announcements over different media, some of which
(e.g. press releases) often have temporarily embargo rules. It seems to
me it just cannot possibly work for that role.

OTOH it is great to ask feedback about *public* drafts.

On the more general points Francesca and you have made I agree though.
The different communication sub-teams have grown over time somewhat non
organically, due to the different availability of the involved people
and their (lack of) interest in working on specific media. This is now
striking back. A more central(ized) coordination role seems to be needed
now.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .