Re: Ian Jackson, could you fork Debian? (was: RE: git is slavery! (Re: Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems (Why won't emails go through to the list?)

Hi Arnold,

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 07:33:21AM -0800, Arnold Bird wrote:
> <DIV style="font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:10pt;">What this discussion proves is that debian needs to be forked.<BR><BR>The systemd/gnome/redhat camp constantly derideds the <BR>idea that Linux is about freedom and choice.<BR>(I've been around for awhile, freedom and choice used<BR>to be the bylines of linux fans). They mock anyone's<BR>alternative and more traditional opinion.<BR><BR>They are the new kids on the block and know what is<BR>best for everyone.<BR>We are old and about to be shoved out the door.<BR>(And rightly so, lol rotflmao and so on)<BR><BR>They have achieved a victory and are standing firm.<BR>Furthermore they constantly show us where the door is.<BR>They beckon us to go through it. It seems to be our<BR>only option. Debian is ours nolonger.<BR><BR>Debian is now systemd/gnome3/so-on-and-so-on into madness.<BR><BR>Ian Jackson, could you fork Debian?<BR>There could be a new distribution that caters to choice.<BR>Perhaps even the founder of debian Ian Murdok would<BR>become interested again.<BR><BR>You have the skills to do so, you have been with<BR>debian from almost the begining. Those junior to you<BR>now give you opinions no respect: they have made<BR>up their minds and will not countenance dissent.<BR><BR>However, many other debian devs do respect you,<BR>and your pro-choice position on Linux and debian,<BR>they would likely follow you to create a new distro<BR>out of the ashes of the old (Ashes from a rocket<BR>ignition flying straight into the heart of the New<BR>center of the linux system)<BR><BR>More specifically, Could there be a GR to fork debian<BR>so that all debian devs will be alerted to this situation<BR>and with that knowlege could choose to leave the anti<BR>choice official debain for the more traditional<BR>new fork of debian, and could you lead that GR and the fork.<BR><BR><BR>&nbsp;<BR><HR>Free e-mail, simple, clean and easy to use. Visit CosmicEmail.com for your instant free account.</DIV>

Please keep in mind that HTML posting are not welcome on Debian lists.
Check out the docuementation of your email client on how to send plain
text.  If you need help on how to configure your email client
accordingly, please ask on debian-user in case they can read what you
write and are able to answer.  Otherwise, Debian is maybe just not the
right distro for you.

Best regards,

Michael