git is slavery! (Re: Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

Hi Ansgar,

thanks for bringing back some fun in this discussion!

On Montag, 3. März 2014, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> You might be interested in the discussion in #727708. There it was
> pointed out several times that these are not the only options.

haha, *lol*. Thats a very useful pointer indeed!
> Could you please also look into the problem of lock-in into specific
> version control systems? There the risks are even higher: the data is
> stored in non-standard formats that other VCS systems might not be able
> to read! I think it's important not to force users into this slavery and
> forbid dependencies on specific VCS systems. We need to drop packages
> enforcing such dependencies sooner rather than later!

yes, absolutly. Seconded! Git must go.

	Holger, who ponders to write one silly (but at least funny!) message per
		 day on this