Re: Re: GR: Selecting the default init system for Debian

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 7:21 PM, Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 06:06:12PM +0400, Sergey B Kirpichev wrote:
> > PS: BTW, Guillem what's a status of this GR-proposal?
>
> No seconds. Many objections.

Sorry, I don't see this.  Second proposal actually has
sponsors, e.g.:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/01/msg00054.html

Cc'd Ian to clarify this assertion.

> The TC has a decision.

But not a consensus on this question, they clearly
see that GR makes sense.  That's a part of their resolution:
-->8--
  Should the project pass a General Resolution before the release of
  "jessie" asserting a "position statement about issues of the day" on
  init systems, that position replaces the outcome of this vote and is
  adopted by the Technical Committee as its own decision.
-->8--

> The flame is finally smoldering out.

Then please stop flamewars.

> Can we move on as a project?

Of course.  But please don't identify only yourself with
the Debian project.