Re: [Proposal] GR: Selecting the default init system for Debian

On Ma, 28 ian 14, 07:41:26, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 08:39:52PM +0100, Guillem Jover a écrit :
> >
> > This is the revised draft GR proposal (please see below); I'm looking
> > for sponsors now.
>
> Hi Guillem,
>
> if the result of the current TC vote is « further discussion », then I will
> second your GR.  In the meantime, it is probably better to focus our thoughts
> on something else; it is only a matter of days now.

According to the latest updates the TC vote is quite likely to end up
with FD, but only because they want to redo the vote to allow a GR to
override their decision with simple majority.

Under these circumstances, why do you think it would still be a good
idea to continue with the GR and not wait for the outcome of the "real"
vote?

Kind regards,
Andrei