Re: GR: Selecting the default init system for Debian

Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> writes:

> I think that forcing a decision through the TC at this time was very
> premature and inappropriate, because I don't think enough effort had

[...]

My feeling at this stage is that the TC are best placed to make a
decision on the technical merits of the various possible init
replacements and how we might deploy them in Debian. Given that there
is also a political element to this discussion, we could consider a GR
in the light of the TC decision; pre-empting that decision would seem
likely to result in a vast pile of duplicated flame/effort.

Regards,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."