Re: Norman Petry and I (Ossipoff) recommended CSSD, but Schwartz Woodall is a better voting system for Debian

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 10:28:26AM -0400, Michael Ossipoff wrote:

> 2 defecting B voters have stolen the election from 99 co-operative A voters.
>
> ----------------------------
>
> Here's another example in which the 3 factions are nearly equal in size:
>
> Sincere preferences:
>
> 33: A>B>>C
> 32: B>A>>C
> 34: C>>(A=B)
>
> Actual votes, when A voters co-operate and B voters defect:
>
> 33: A>B
> 32: B
> 34: C
>
> Again, though A is CW, B wins by defection.

My understanding of this last example and how it works in Debian
is that A defeats B, so B gets dropped.  And A and C would be in
the Schwartz set, and we would need a casting vote between A and C.

Please correct me if I misunderstand this.

(I didn't read the rest yet.)

Kurt