Re: [all candidates] the release process

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 06:36:14PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On 3 Apr 2013, at 17:29, Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> wrote:
>
> > The campaign period already finished a few days ago
> Yes, I was aware of that when I posted, but RL interfered with me asking prior to voting opening. I sought advice as to whether it was appropriate to ask further Qs and got a luke-warm "yes". My reading of the timescale did not proclude questions past the start of voting, it seems ambiguous.
>
> > So as I understand it we candidates aren't meant to reply to election questions any more.
>
> If the candidates are reluctant to answer now for this reason perhaps the secretary or current dpl can clarify or rule on the issue?

It was always my interpretation that discussion / campaigning
period was meant to help voters to form an opinion, and that
it stops after that period.  I expect people who have already
voted not to follow the discussions anymore, so it makes sense
to me that during the voting period the candidates would stop
replying to questions or making statements that could influence
voters.  Of course I don't expect them to be silent during the
whole voting period, and I see no reason they can't participate
in other discussions.

I also see no reason why other people should stop discussing
things that are important to the project.  But the candidates
should probably think twice before participating in such
discussions during the voting period.

Kurt