Re: All candidates: Development and technical issues and challenges

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 01:15:58 -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:

> Even the suggestion of a testing removal can evoke negative feelings
> for those affected (sometimes from those on the sidelines too).  A
> recent example:
> http://bugs.debian.org/703258

There seems to be a misunderstanding; at least my surprise was not
caused by the proposal to remove the package from testing (actually,
I mentioned this as the most probably option in my first mail in the
original bug report), but by the fact that I wouldn't have known
about the removal bug without the later CC by Jonathan.

> Do you have any thoughts on addressing the social aspect of this
> approach?

In this case, "X-Debbugs-Cc: $original_bug|$maintainer_address" would
have been enough :)

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: Jimi Hendrix: Message To Love