To all candidates: which way out of the project ?

Hi,

I did not manage to formulate a better subject... the question is about what
should be the usual way to end our formal membership in the Debian project.

In Debian, we stay member until we die or quit (or very exceptionally, are
expelled).  The consequence is that it is hard to evaluate how much active
members we have.  It may also create more crispations about giving membership.

We often discussed about how to become a member, but more rarely about the
other side of it. I would be interested to read your opinion, especially on the
implications that the current practice, or possible changes, have for the
project as a whole.

Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan