how informed should a DPL be?

Recent threads have made me concerned about how well informed some of
our current DPL nominees are about what is going on within Debian.

My question to the candidates is similar to what I asked in 2010[1]:

How well informed should a DPL be about the activity of the Debian project?
Do you feel you are sufficiently informed about the Debian project?
What might be some deficiencies in your understanding of Debian?
How would you improve that if you were to be elected?

Same questions for Debian's relationship with the wider free software
world and with the wider world in general.

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2010/03/msg00059.html

--
bye,
pabs