Re: Comments on the constitution?

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 10:17:22AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> PS Regarding Wouter's objection in this thread, it's a valid one,

Objection? What objection? :-)

I wholeheartedly support any effort that would increase the length of
the DPL term in a reasonable manner; but I do believe that the opinion
of people who've actually done the job is important in deciding whether
it's a good idea. Yes, obviously that does mean your opinion is
important, too :-)

At the time when I wanted to look into this, it turned out that most
ex-DPLs did not consider lengthening the term a good idea; and as I
didn't have any better ideas myself, I decided not to pursue it any
further. However, at the same time I'm not yet convinced that adding a
mid-term 'easy way out' is the best way forward; but I do have an open
mind in the matter, and would be happy to be convinced by good arguments
:-)

>    but I guess it's as empiric as saying that several DPLs in the past
>    have been actually running for a second term after having been in
>    charge for one, sometimes winning again sometimes not.

Very true.

the following formula:

pi zz a