Re: Call for Votes - GR: Debian project members

On Ma, 05 oct 10, 15:47:05, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org> [101005 11:55]:
> > My best guess yet is that this proposal is to tell DAM that we do not oppose
> > second-class Debian Developers with less privileges, so that they may add
> > second-class DDs in the hope that this will encourage more non-packagers to
> > become DDs (albeit then second class ones).
>
> Okay, second try after I got some replies in private discussion. Trying
> to move this to debian-vote in the hope that I am not the only one so
> slow on the uptake, so others might benefit from it:
>
> This proposal is to tell DAM we are not opposed to having Debian
> Developers with less privileges than DDs currently get by default,
> so that DAM is more likely to implement something were people may get
> only a subset of the current initial privileges in the hope that this
> will encourage more non-packagers to become DD (with then less privileges
> than currently but in a way they do not feel like second class citizens).

I might be mistaken, since I'm not a native English speaker, but you
seem to imply that having DDs with less "privileges" can be a bad thing.

If my hunch was right, do you think that people might not want to join
the Project due to the fear of becoming "second-class citizens" or are
there some other problems that you expect?

Regards,
Andrei