Re: Naming of non-uploading DDs (Was: GR: welcome non-packaging contributors as Debian project members)

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 02:13:12PM +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 09:00:32PM +0900, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>
> > The Debian project aims at producing the best free operating system.
> > To that end the project benefits from various types of contributions,
> > including but not limited to: package maintenance, translations,
> > infrastructure and website maintenance, porting, bug triaging and
> > fixing, management activities, communication, testing, legal advice,
> > quality assurance, etc.
> >
> > The Debian project acknowledges that:
> >
> > * To pursue Debian goals, package maintenance as well as a wide range of
> >   other technical and non-technical contributions are all valuable.
> >
> > * Active contributors of non-packaging work, which share Debian values
> >   and are ready to uphold Debian Foundation Documents, deserve the
> >   opportunity to become Debian Developers.
> >
> > The Debian project therefore invites the Debian Account Managers to:
> >
> > * Endorse the idea that contributors of non-packaging work might become
> >   Debian Developers, albeit without upload access to the Debian archive.
> >
> > * Establish procedures to evaluate and accept contributors of
> >   non-packaging work as Debian Developers.
> >
> > * Initiate the appropriate technical measures to enable contributors of
> >   non-packaging work, which get accepted as Debian Developers, to
> >   participate in Debian decision making and to access Debian
> >   infrastructure.
>
> I like that a lot more than the other wording, thus seconded.

Please don't go and make this more confusing for me.  As far as I
can tell this wasn't meant to be amendment yet.  He will probably
accept this or something simular as amendment replacing the
orignal text.  So at that time I could put you down as someone
that seconds that proposal.  You now basicly seem to have created
a second proposal.

Kurt