Re: Question for the other candidates: supermajority.

Le Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 05:38:09PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :

> I don't like the underlying intuition that this entails, namely that the
> GR proposer is somehow "different" from the other people which
> contribute to the ballot preparation (e.g. seconders and proposers of
> the initial and subsequent amendments).

Hi Stefano,

the core of my idea is that somebody should feel responsible for the success of
a GR. Votes are big investments; in our countries they cost a lot of money and
in Debian the cost a lot of energy that is not spent on development. Being able
to control the contents of the GR gives the possiblity to really influence on
the outcome, but since NOTA is always an option, I think that a misuse of such
a responsibility would lead to failure and the vote of a competing GR, and not
in an artificial advantage.

Charles