Re: Question about membership.

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

>> * Do you need to come up with a GR to change membership procedures, or is there
>> a different way?
>
> I will cast a GR if I think it is needed. If I am wrong, the result will be
> NOTA, and I will resign as DPL.

You'd really resign as DPL if a certain GR that you wanted was not
passed?  I think, once again, that you are mistaking the role of the
DPL.  If you were to be elected, it'd mean that enough people had
wanted you to lead them. What would be the sense in resigning just
because a certain GR is not passed?  Being a DPL means leading a
community, it doesn't mean that whatever you think is what the
community wants.

I had said before that I'd vote for all the other candidates.  I was
giving you the benefit of the doubt, because of the work you've done
on DebianMed.  However, you've proved more than once that your opinion
on the role of the DPL is way to different than mine, so I have made
up my mind and decided that I will not be voting for you.

--
Besos,
Marga