Re: Question to all Candidates: Who would you vote for?

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 09:09:43AM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Suppose that you would not run for DPL: Who would you vote and why?

I have a habit of publically (on my blog) disclosing my DPL vote, with
explanation, and will probably do so again this year (though that is not
by any means certain).

However, as I did last time when I ran for DPL, I will not disclose my
vote before voting is over. The reason for this is simple:

First, I don't finalize my thoughts on how to vote before campaigning is
over. I think that's only fair; there might be something that pops up
during campaigning that makes me think twice about voting for some
candidate, even though I very much like a given candidate or his/her
platform. Or, on the contrary, a candidate might have a poor platform
but convince me during campaigning. As such, I cannot disclose my vote
until I actually cast it, because I could (and often do) change my vote
fairly last-minute.

Second, during the vote campainging is supposed to be over, so it would
not be proper for me to to then disclose and comment on my vote if I'm
running myself.

trying to fool the system.