Re: Q for the Candidates: How many users?

* Stefano Zacchiroli (zack@debian.org) [100322 21:50]:
> All in all, this is probably a topic where a quick and easy
> devotee-based poll might show where the DD body stands in the trade-off
> between the advantages and disadvantages of enabling popcon submissions
> by default, and finally get this discussion past us.

JFTR, I don't think that "a quick and easy poll" is always a
sufficient way to resolve issues. I think one of the strength of
Debian is that we try to analyze the situation before we do a
decision. Which has the advantage that we could usually uphold our
decisions because they are well thought. (And the disadvantage that
some people don't understand that speaking and thinking things over
needs time. Somehow thinking things over in a good way doesn't match
the way the media tell us how it shold be.)

Andi