Re: Q for the Candidates: How many users?

Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> writes:
> Anthony Towns wrote:

>>   * www.debian.org/social_contract says Debian's "priorities are our
>> users and free software",
>>   * popcon.debian.org currently reports 91,523 submissions,
>>   * popcon.ubuntu.com currently reports 1,493,440 submissions, and
>>   * that this is something of a trick question,

> That results in a different question for me: Does Ubuntu enforce the
> usage of pocon, and should Debian do so, too?

Enforce?  Would the OS deactivate itself if you didn't run popcon?  :)

We're running somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 Debian stable servers.
I'm afraid running popcon on them is a non-starter so far due to concerns
about information exposure.  When this was previously discussed on
debian-devel, it became clear that we're far from the only ones in that
situation.