Re: Question to all Candidates: Project Funds and donations

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:13:02PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> SPI's Treasurer, Michael Schultheiss, (and by the way Debian Developer)
> does a really good job by sending out monthly Treasurer's Reports which
> are in every monthly meeting minutes linked from
> http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/meeting-minutes

Oh, interesting.

I agree that Michael does a wonderful job with the monthly Treasurer's
Reports, I've been following reports for the past 3 years. Problem is:
I've always seen the reports only posted to the spi-private mailing
list, which is not accessible to non subscribers (and to subscribe you
must be a SPI member). That, together with the fact that I can't find
any reference to that link on *.debian.org, is why I thought it was not
public.  I believe a lot of other DDs do not know about that link, in
fact a couple of people which asked me my draft platform stared at my
gross figure of Debian total money and asked me « are you sure this
information is public? ».

But OK, I take that back for what concerns SPI, it was just my
ignorance.

It does not solve the problem of getting in a prominent, visible, and
central place all the accounting of Debian money, though. Fixing that
should start with appointing a new Debian Auditor, as discussed with/by
Kalle in this thread.

Cheers.