Re: Question to all candidates: financing of development

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 07:01:21PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> So, given that my main perplexities come from the fact that a DD is
> involved in organizing all this, you can imagine I wouldn't mind: a
> company doing that (which is already the case for Google with GSoC), a
> non-DD/DM doing that, or even a DD/DM retiring from the project *to* do
> that.

Replying here, but that could well have gone in another sub-thread:

Note that GSoc is supposed to sponsor students to do some development
work, preferably with the purpose of getting these people involved in a
project they weren't involved in to begin with.

Considering this, I think there are good reasons GSoC didn't get the
flames that DuncTank had.

Mike