Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 07:56:33PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         The whole vote is to come up with a recommendation for the
>  decision makers

And should the decision makers not follow that recommendation, the
flamewars will truely begin.

The format and phrasing of this is:
"The Debian project recommends [something]".
I would feel very uncomfortable going against the project directly
recommending I follow a particular course of action. This indicates to
me that this is more of an instruction, rather than a recommendation,
despite the wording.

Neil
--
<moray> hm, maybe wearing a black t-shirt while dusting my bedroom for the
	first time in years wasn't such a good idea