Re: Amendment: automatic expiry-on-failure, to Proposal: Enhance requirements for General resolutions

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:37:02PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

>>> AMENDMENT START
>>> ========================================================================
>>> Replace "too small" with "thought to be too small, but there is a
>>> lack of evidence about the correct level".
>>>
>>> Replace clause c with "c) if general resolutions are proposed but none
>>> receives the required number of seconds in a year, this resolution
>>> expires and the required number of seconds returns to K."
>>> ========================================================================
>>> AMENDMENT END

>> Seconded, in principle, but it has some issues:
>> - What if no GRs are proposed in the first year?

> Then the "if general resolutions are proposed" condition isn't satisfied
> and clause c isn't active - in effect, the expiry clock hasn't started.
> How can it be made clearer?

The missing bit for me was "in a year from when?"  So I would clarify
with:

    Replace clause c with "c) if a year has passed, starting from the
    proposal of a general resolution, without any general resolution
    receiving the required number of seconds, this resolution expires and
    the required number of seconds returns to K."

I would second that.