Re: All candidates: Membership procedures

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:47:09AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > The 'minimum count of packages uploaded' seems contradictory with the
> > wish to have people join existing teams.  There's a lot of work that we
> > need done and that doesn't involve uploading packages.  Not that I have
> > a better metric, mind you.
>
> Not that it is *that* relevant at this point, but one can count the
> number of uploads in which a "[ Name Surname ]" entry exist. Now that
> team maintenance has become popular, that should be what we count wrt
> the number of uploads we used counted in the past.

I also saw mass updates of Vcs-* fields by a recent contributor which
implies as many entries in debian/changelog, yet very few real packaging
experience associated to all those uploads.

The data would be useful but we need humam judgment at some point.

Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/