Re: Question to Stefano, Steve and Luk about the organisation into packaging teams.

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:28:56AM +0100, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> > > Well, because it is in line with the questions which they have been
> > > asked and its both a good chance to see weither they stand on a similar point
> > > as I do and to see weither anyone is interested in the idea
> > > at all. Surely I intend to propose it to the larger body once its more then
> > > a rough idea.

> > I expressly refrained to answer your mail because it targetted the DPL
> > candidate but IMO it's one those "false good ideas until you make it a
> > reality". I'm all for a team of many people improving the base packages,
> > so find those people and start triaging and writing patches _together_
> > with the actual maintainers.

> Well, some time back I wrote some patches for coreutils. Unfortunately
> they are not yet integrated, but thats not the fault of the maintainer.
> However I think it could help if the project decides that this is a good idea
> and (if needed) can overrrule single maintainers.

There are existing procedures for overruling individual maintainers - i.e.,
appealing to the Technical Committee.  If you think an override is needed,
you might try the existing process before deciding that we need an entirely
new one?