Re: Results of the Lenny release GR

On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 10:44 -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> That's why I think the main outcome of this ballot was an assertion of
> desire by the voters that we release Lenny.

Actually, I ranked #1 first, and yet, I have a desire that we release
Lenny.  However, I don't want a bad release, I want a good one.  That
means we don't release until it's ready--which in my view includes DFSG
bugs just as much as other RC bugs.

The option that won the vote does not say "release Lenny no matter
what", it says, "release Lenny, not looking to carefully at DFSG
problems in firmware blobs", more or less.  It was a carefully worded
option, and it won; it is a mistake to substitute for it something like
"release Lenny no matter what", and then to proceed to ignore the clear
statement of the winning option that *only* firmware blobs get the
special treatment.

Thomas